Thursday, December 31, 2009

Auld Lang Syne

It's the same thing every year. Everyone is always sooooo anxious to get the year over with by the time New Year's Eve rolls around, including myself. All of a sudden it's like the year turned to total shit. Rarely do you hear someone say they will miss the current year. This year is particularly huge because we are moving on to an entirely new decade. So I'm going to honor 2009 by listing my 9 favorite things about it:

(In order of occurrence)

1. Scored a major promotion
2. Started a torrid love affair with a villainous reality TV star
3. Made my first appearance on a radio show
4. Went to the horse tracks for the first time
5. Ended torrid love affair with a villainous reality TV star (though still receive entertaining texts)
6. Traveled to New Zealand (!!!)
7. Sat inside a Delorean
8. Relearned how to ice skate
9. Started writing again

While I'm definitely looking forward to more good things to come, the goodbye will be bittersweet. Farewell, decade. I never even knew your name.

0 comments:

Post a Comment